Thursday, October 18, 2012

Crane's Thing #11

With all of the blogs to be accessed, I can certainly see the need for a search tool to find appropriate RSS feeds.  I found the Google Blog Search the easist to use as far as a search tool is concerned.  Maybe I'm just used to using the google search feature that made it seem so natural to me. 

As good as Google Blog Search is to search for specific terms, I didn't find it as helpful if you were looking for a more general category.  I preferred Technorati to perform this type categorical search.  You could still perform a text search, but they had drop down menus from very general categories to fairly specific categories.  I also liked the rating guide that Technorati provided that let you better evaluate the quality of the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment