Thursday, October 18, 2012

Crane's Thing #9

It's time to jump into the world of image generators.  I decided to start off my image generating journey in a happy mood by creating the smiley face below.  The link to generate this is image can be found at http://www.images-graphics-pics.com/signs/smilies/sign-generators.asp?page=1 .  The process is really simple.  All I needed to do was find the smiley face I wanted to use, then type in the text that would be displayed in the sign.  The website clearly explains that you only need to right-click and select "save image as" to save the image to your computer.



I also used another image genearator called "word mosaic" that can be found on http://www.imagechef.com/ic/word_mosaic/ to create the grim picture located below.  This image generator allows you to pick the temlate that the word art will use.  After you enter the one to two words for your text, you can modify the background and text colors.  You can even select certain words to "higlight" in the mosaic by making them a different color.


Besides being fun, I can actually imagine using both of these image generators in a classroom.   You could add these images to PowerPoint presentations to draw students attention to certain facts or prepare them for the next set of facts.  In my history class, my smiley face image could be used to discuss early american exploration, and the skull image could introduce a lesson on the bubonic plague.

No comments:

Post a Comment