Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crane's Thing #19

Although Facebook seems to be the dominant social networking site at the moment, I was certainly aware of other social networking sites.  I know of mostly professional organizations, which I think can be very useful.  Besides Facebook, I am apart of the LinkedIn networking community.  That site is specifically designed for developing and maintaining professinal networking connections, although I did reconnect with a couple of old classmates that had entered my old profession.  I know LinkedIn is trying to differentiate themselves from a pure social network by offering cababilities to not just display your on-line "resume," but have your networked collegues attest to the quality of your work.

I had no idea about TeacherPop.  I joined and look forward to seeing how much I'll use that instead of my other social networking sites.  I do like that I am at least a member of one teacher-specific network.  As far as other sites I visited, I have used the IMBD site.  Since I am a movie buff, I may get back into using that site again.  With family and work, I find my time limited, so it would be nice to have a site that can steer me toward movies that are worth my time.


No comments:

Post a Comment