Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crane's Thing #17

I really like this Delicious toolbar application.  I have always used my web-browsers Favorites tool to save and categorize websites I am likely to want to return to.  This list of websites can grow too big, though, and quickly becomes a hassel.  Even worse, I have had old computers crash causing me to lose all of those sites and the little bit of organization that Windows folders allows.

I have already started adding many of my Favorite sites to Delicious and have added the "Add to Delicious" button on my Toolbar so that I can save future sites.  The tagging system is great since I can create the tag labels that make the most sense to me.  After all, the primary reason I added this to Delicious in the first place was for my benefit!  But seriously, this tool is like cloud catalogue computing for all of your favorite websites. 

I could certainly see a use for Delicious (or other social bookmarking sites) in a classroom setting.  It obviously could be a shared resource for teachers.  If I am looking for a site that has content that could help my class, I can view a colugues sites that he or she has bookmarked.  For students, this could be a great way for them to obtain access to quality websites for supplemental materials to enhance a lesson.  Delicious is delicious!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment