Monday, September 3, 2012

Crane's Thing #2

Alright, this is my second blog entry.  In my first blog entry, I shared my reactions to the "7 1/2 habits of life-long learners" presentation to fulfill the first of the 23 things.   This second post is where I will share my thoughts on actually creating this blog. 

For the name of my blog, I decided to have it reflect my journey on learning new technology and tips that I could apply to my subject area.  I hope that naming this blog "Crane's US HIST-tech" will serve as an effective reminder for me to keep this in mind.  As far as my posting name, it was kind of decided for me.  Apparently, I already had an account associated with my e-mail when my wife invited me to view and update her blog. 

As far as creating my first blog, it was very easy.  It did take me a little bit of time to learn how to navigate the editor so I could customize my space.  However, just a little bit of time playing around with the templates and features was all that was needed to get comfortable.

I tried to create an avatar that accurately depicts me.  I don't think it was very successful, but it was the best I could do with the options offered by DoppleMe.  (I strongly recommend that DoppleMe add sideburns as an option!)  My avatar does at least resemble me and reflects my personality.  I did this because I was aiming toward creating an appropriate avatar that I could use in an education blog.

I'll conclude this post by saying I am surprised that I am actually blogging.  Whenever I heard of some one else blogging, I always wondered if I could think of something worth while to say if I started a blog.  I have decided to proceed with treating my blog for this class as a kind of public journal, and so far, it seems I have more than enough to blab on about.



2 comments:

  1. Your avatar does resemble you! As you stated I have also been thinking about starting a blog but didn't think I would have that much to say but it turns out I have quite a bit to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I guess I am lucky; most people don't think their avatar looks like them at all.

    ReplyDelete